Over the years, quartz has become increasingly popular with interior designers, decorators, and homeowners. A stunning alternative to natural stone like granite or marble, this beautifully engineered material offers many great features, including a choice of so many patterns and colors to choose from. It is also extremely durable, and maintaining it is a breeze. While you might see it and think quartz countertops are made of natural stone, they are not. The surface is a manufactured, engineered material that is stunning and can deliver the same look as natural stone. One of the advantages of using quartz on your countertops is that it can be fabricated into vibrant modern colors that you cannot get in a natural stone. Depending on the look you want to achieve in your space, quartz may be a great choice for your home, keep reading to learn more.
What are the Pros of Quartz Countertops?
- It’s a harder material. Quartz is a more rigid material than granite, making it very durable, especially if you have kids and pets. You want beauty and durability in a countertop, and you want your countertop to last for many years. When you choose quartz for your countertop material, you get all of that and more. Quartz is strong, durable, and features bright, appealing colors.
- Quartz is more stain-resistant than natural stone. Quartz has a nonporous surface that is more stain-resistant than granite, marble, and concrete. When you choose a product like quartz to use on your countertops or backsplash, your home will look stylish and sleek. Also hygienic, its nonporous surface helps keep the germ population at bay so you know you and your family are safe.
- You have your choice of color and pattern to fit your style. NOt only countertop materials give you the option of customization, and very few allow you to change the color. But the good news is, that’s not the case with quartz. Because quartz is an engineered material, you have a say in choosing the color, pattern, and even the specific piece you want.
- It adds to the value of your home. Adding quartz or granite to your home will make it more desirable when it’s time to sell. You can expect to get back the value and also sell your home more quickly.
Are There any Cons to Quartz Fabrication?
- Price. Quartz is a bit more expensive than granite. However, at Half Price Countertops, you can obtain quartz at an affordable price because we work within your budget. Depending on your choice of quartz and how much you need for your project, you can easily budget for your preference. Our business is proof.
- Heat resistance. Depending upon how often you use your kitchen, another con might be that quartz is not as heat resistant as other materials. When choosing quartz, be sure to put down trivets on your countertops to rest your hot pots and plates.
- Discoloration from the sun. Quartz can change color over time when exposed to direct sunlight. If part of your counter receives direct UV rays from the sun while another part doesn’t, you may notice a difference in color over time.
Are You Ready to Learn More? Contact Us Today!
At Half Price Countertops, we are here to help you select your countertop material, whether it’s quartz, granite, or marble. We offer the best quartz and granite fabrication service in Fort Lauderdale. Visit our massive showroom to explore the possibilities, or call us at (954) 867-8310. We will work with you to find the perfect kitchen or bath countertop material at an affordable price.